The Lump,also known as Tom Dooley(Deulah?)Overlook is
around mile marker 265 on the Blue Ridge
Parkway.You'll need a South,East or Southeast wind to
fly there.Southwest maybe.You will be 2-3 hours away
from The Lump.Head toward Boone and hit the Parkway
somewhere around Boone.DON'T take the Parkway all the
way or it will be a LONG,slow ride(although very
pretty)

Warning:Off Topic! I was just in the Fontana Lake area
a few weeks ago motorcycle riding.Spectacular roads
for riding.Cherohala Skyway,Deals Gap(HWY 129),74
around the Nantahala River,HWY 28,etc. etc..

If you can't find a slope,rent a bike!