Aerotow on Long Island - CHANGED to July 10, 2005 (30 miles east of New
York City)

--------

The Long Island Silent Flyers Annual Summer Aerotow will be a one day
event to be held on the rain date now, Sunday July 10. We moved it from
Saturday to Sunday because the weather will be much nicer on Sunday.
Saturday will have the tail end of the remnants of tropical storm Cindy
coming through the area.

The aerotow will be held at the Stillwell Woods Park Preserve in
Syosset, New York. We will have gas and glow powered tugs at the field
that day, and we will have long and wide crossed runways cut for the
aerotow. The field is situated on a beautiful 365 acre preserve. The
aerotow will start at 10 am, and end approximately 3 pm. There are no
fees, and planes up to 1/3 scale can be accommodated by our aerotow
pilots.

Directions to the field are as follows: From the Long Island Expressway
(Route 495) take Exit 44N (Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway - Route 135).
Go north to the Jericho Turnpike East (Route 25) Exit which is the next
to the last exit on Route 135. Go on Jericho Turnpike east to Southwoods
Road. Make a left onto Southwoods Road going north. Proceed north 2 1/4
miles on Southwoods Road to the Stillwell Woods Park Preserve on the
right. (You will pass Syosset High School on the left.) Make a right
into the preserve parking lot and follow the road along the right side
of the soccer field to the gated entrance to the preserve. Proceed 1/4
mile from the gate to the field.

If you have any questions contact Fred Tyra after 7:30 p.m. at 631
427-0605 or email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Further info on the club and directions to the field / map may be found
at http://www.lisf.org

Pics and more info are located at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386261

You can see pics from last October's aerotow event at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285130

-Fred