Hi all,
Not many on the RCSE exchange, probably did not know Gary Knapp a member of the Salt Lake City club and past member, president and Modeler of the Year of the Torrey Pines Gulls, but he was an excellent builder and he admitted liking to build rather than fly gliders. Gary passed away at 5:39 AM today in a hospital in Salt Lake City from liver and kidney failure. That's the short of it, he had other problems not known to many. He was my brother-in-law and best friend and he is the one who introduced me to flying and building model sailplanes back in the mid 1980's.
  He will be missed.

  Jerry Miller, SOSS
  Medford, OR