I've been a subscriber for years. Mostly I read the input, once in a
while a question or comment. These last two years my work has kept me from
flying a much as I'd like. My quarter scale 1-26 has seen almost 13 years of
TD contests. The quarter scale Orlik 2 has seen nearly two hundred aerotows.
   On the building board now sits a 40% Orlik 2 fuselage, plans drawn over a
year from photos and three views from John Serafin, who once owned and flew
the Orlik. There is only one remaining full size Orlik left in the world.
There are no factory plans of this gorgeous vintage Polish single seater,
unlike many British and German sailplanes of the same era. This project in
part is a way to remember the Orlik designer, Antonia Kocjan and the people
who built 18 of these birds. Antonia was a leader in the Polish resistance
in Warsaw in WW II. The other reason is that I love to glue wood together.
   All the people who contribute their soaring experience and expertise to
the soaring exchange really inspire me.

Green Air,

Mickey Sullivan