I don't know Cal. I see many new fliers starting competition with an RES plane. Usually a 3 meter RES.

It makes more sense to start someone out on a 3 Meter RES than a 2 Meter full house.

Afterall this is the National competition. You should not be there if you only have a few flights on a "beginner" plane.

Steve Meyer
SOAR
LSF IV