John,
    Just a short note to straighten up some numbers you used.  Soaring had 153
regisitered pilots and 408 total entries for the Nats(2.3 entries/pilot).
Electric looks more like what you are talking about than soaring and the AMA
takes notice that we have the second or third largest group at the IAC for the
Nats(pattern has the largest number I believe).
    You made the comment about Woodcrafters and the Dayton Aerotow, half of WC
is competition and the Dayton event does good to have a few fliers attending
(6-12 usually), still very fun, but very small.
    I believe your idea for a NFF has merit, but, I think that you need to pull
a Ray Hayes and step up and take the bull by the horns. Get the IAC reserved
and put your time on the line, which I know you do already, and as they say in
Iowa, they will come I would think.
    More comments to be had about the Nats at a later time.

Marc Gellart
2005 SoaringNats ED