On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 12:06:51AM -0500, Loren Blinde wrote:

| A dear flying friend's recent death, who had the foresight to
| consider the question, made me think of this in real terms.

Personally, I told my wife to contact the local R/C club that I'm a
member of and let them know if something happened to me.  They've
helped their member's widows before (by holding auctions of the
equipment, mostly with club members, and giving the money to the widow
or the estate), and I'm sure they'd do it again.  (And I've gotten a
few nice airplanes myself like that.)

I guess I could explicitly put it in my will, in case something
happens to us both, but I think I'll leave that to my children.
(They're only 2 and 4, but they're certainly intersted in `daddy's
airplanes!')

| Had he not done so, there would be a cache of primo sailplanes in
| the bottom of a dumpster; compounding the grief beyond that of his
| passing.

Well, people do have estate sales.  I doubt the planes would end up in
the dumpster unless they looked worthless, but I'd much prefer that my
friends end up flying my planes then them to end up bought as a big
lot for a few bucks and then sold on eBay ...

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I was young and foolish then; now I am old and foolisher."