:-D  :-D  :-D

D Hauch wrote:

hi all,
Did something new today.
I've been dialing my X-21 to do cross wind launches, and finally
have it dialed in and no more snapping.

I had a good 15 mph head wind, so I loaded up the mono on the f3b winch
to see how I could weave it from side to side.
I loaded it up and launched it, as soon as it took off I got off the winch
pedal and never touched it again.
I started weaving from side to side like a kite and it was working
beautifully.

I remembered someone telling me about circle towing,  never heard of it
before or seen it, and wasn't going to believe it till I seen it.

So I decided to give it a try. When I was coming across in front
of me while still doing kiting, I put in full left rudder and it did
a perfect circle, I couldn't believe!
I did another, and another, opened it up a little to climb out, then dive it
back down, I was amazed and laughing out loud, hope nobody
seen me out there. :-)
If I could go left, I'll try right, then did figure eights, then saw how low
to the ground I could go then push it way up high.
Couldn't beleive I was doing this, and wondering why I've never
tried it before.
It sounded like I was DS'ing from the sound the mono cutting thru the air.

that flight last 10 minutes and my neck was killing me, so I wound it
up and stomped on the pedal to get a huge ping out of it.
Had a HUGE grin on my face the whole time, what a blast!
Couldn't beleive I was doing this, and wondering why I've never
tried it before.

Just had to tell someone. :-)

Dave Hauch
www.git-r-built.com