Since the subject came up, Cole Hersee has a solenoid that is electronic (i.e.
no moving parts like your typical solenoid / relay).  The part number is 48785
and it is rated at 1 million switching cycles, but you get to pay for those
cycles with a cool 140 bucks.  I looked at the spec sheet on the solenoids I
use and after a 10 second use, it is supposed to sit and cool for 20 minutes.
You can see I abuse the two I have pretty good, even on a typical practice /
fly for fun day.  The 48785 solenoid is a continuous use rated solenoid.

How often do these things go bad?  In the short number of years I've been
flying, I think I've seen a grand total of 2 go bad on 2 different winches.

Kevin