This is old news Tony, guys have done this for a long time, praticularly back
in the days of bigger fuses and poly wings.  I did it once at the Nats with a
Grand Esprit having Jim Bacus time for me.       on the time and about a 90+
landing about 10 seconds later.  Grass was really short and it worked perfect.

Not sure if legal in J, but very doable.

Marc