Just bought one of the new Futaba  Synthesizer for my Super 8 transmitter.
Someone told me that there units  use additiontal power from the battery pack
and it would be a good idea to  upgrade my pack.  They do seem to generate more
heat than a standard  module.
Any one have  and answer or opinon?

Thanks, Ron

Ron -
Sounds like it would be a pretty nice feature during those winter  fishing
trips down here in Alabama. You could use it to keep your hands warm.  The last
rf module I had that did that was an old Airtronics one. Somebody told  me
that an rf module was supposed to put out rf energy, which is a different
wavelength than heat energy. Guess somebody at Futaba must have got a little
mixed
up. My newer JR and Multiplex 'mitters don't seem to put out much heat. I
leave 'em at home when I go fishing. Heck, my Evo will transmit for 8 or 9
hours
on the stock battery, but it won't warm your hands up at all. What's up with
that?

Hope you bums all have fun up in Lexington this weekend. Say hello to "El
Grande" for me.
Bubba