<<...and I’d like your recommendations for the best
micro servo for the job.>>

Ok... ok... ok........ OK.....  I can't resist. ;-) If
you want weaker... slower... heavier... larger... and
more expensive.... I'd use the JR 368. ;-)

Otherwise, the new Airtronics digital would be a good
choice... 94761. Probably more power than you need
though....

I'm sorry, John.... these guys are killin' me.... I
just couldn't take it.... ;-)