I’m planning to vacuum bag some fiberglass cloth over some balsa v tails I’m preparing for the Shrike I recently acquired.  I want to do the v tail with fiberglass because I feel it would make it a bit more durable. I have the basic vacuum bagging system from ACP with the vacuum bag, Mylar, mold release, etc.  How do I go about it in prepping the balsa tail and fiberglass cloth?  Do I go ahead and trim the cloth to as close to the size of the v tail pieces, wet the cloth out, lay it on the balsa, then stick it in the bag with the Mylar sheet over the balsa/cloth pieces?  I would really appreciate some experienced insight on the process.

Aloha to all on RCSE.

Al Battad – WH6VE

AMA #506981