--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "lothar_thole" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I am planning to use clear Ozcover Lite to cover my 2m Wind Dancer
> wing. I know you can paint it after covering, but I would like a
> translucent finish, and to save the weight of the paint.
>
> Any ideas on how I can dye the adhesive side of the film before
> covering? One suggestion is aerosol paint lightly sprayed on the
> adhesive side, my concern would be getting an even coat. Other
> suggestions include fabric dye, red ink and red wine!

Hello,

Any reason why you would not just use ultracote lite?  It is pretty
light stuff, and you can get it in translucent.

Several years ago a guy named Rolland Klingberg used to sell this
really thin/light transparent covering.  This was before Ultracote
Lite came out.  I bought some, and managed to die it using RIT die.
I put the die and water in a big pot on my stove and heated the pot
up somewhat, and then put the pre cut pieces of covering in the pot
and mixed it around for an hour.  It did die the covering
translucent, but it was a very light coloring.  Much lighter than
your standard ¡§transparent¡¨ covering.  End result also had a
slight ¡§tie die¡¨ result.

You can also use magic markers to color the adhesive side of the
covering, at least you could with the stuff Klingberg was selling.  I
also used that, although it was kind of ugly. Or perhaps I am not
very good with the markers!  ļ

Ryan