Not exactly, Chris.  I had a big time collision on launch with Brad
Willoughby (I think that's who it was).  We crossed paths on the way up.
His plane shredded my stab and rudder.  I think, in turn, his aileron servo
stripped.

In any case, I now know how small a full flying stab can be before loosing
stability.  Try 1" x 7".  I actually continued to fly like this for a few
more rounds.  When the plane was cruising it flew okay.  The slow speed
handling was a disaster, as were the loops, but I hung in there for awhile.

On Sunday morning some friends delivered the remains of the stab to our
tent.  I've glued things back together and it looks like it will fly.

JE
--
Erickson Architects
John R. Erickson, AIA