A guy broke off from SR Batteries and is doing the same quality work at a little lower price.  The place is nobsbatteries at http://www.hangtimes.com/nobsbatteries.html .  I’ve had good experiences with him.  Radical RC is also very good.

Rob

From: Jim Laurel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:42 PM
To: 'GRW'; 'Kent Miller'; Soaring@airage.com
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Batteries??

Glenn,

Have you really had good experiences with them?  I’ve placed two orders.  The first order, for some Lipoly packs that puffed for no apparent reason.  Actually, one puffed before I ever even hooked up a connector, just sitting in a box!

The second order was for some custom shaped NiMh RX packs.  I drew up a Visio diagram showing the configuration, where I wanted the wire to exit, how I wanted the strain relief done.  I got packs with no strain relief, the wire coming out of the wrong end of the pack, and a really sloppy shrinkwrap job.  When I called them about it, they said to send them back and this time to please provide a diagram.  Go figure.

Never ordered from them again…

--Jim