I also fly the Visions/Styluii, and have removed the cases when needed. I did some elaborate testing looking at sensitivity some years back to ensure the case was not a part of the equation (some may be surprised to learn that indeed black cases can have a bearing, as they contain carbon black), and in one case found a slight improvement (not to say everyone should run out and remove the case though).

You should be fine, but as always rigorous range testing while still on on the ground should expose any issues...

Mark Williams wrote:

Just bought a Stratos SL and none of my receivers will fit if I leave the cases on them. I haven't tried removing the cases yet. I fly with a Vision and a Stylus, prefer to stay with dual conversion receivers. Anybody have some recommendations for use in this excellent airplane?

Mark

Simon Van Leeuwen
RADIUS SYSTEMS
PnP SYSTEMS - The E-Harness of Choice