I haven't seen foam wings collide with aircraft but I've seen them hit other vehicles and they don't seem to do noticeable damage.

And how many of those vehicles were doing 120kts or more? Because of their construction and speed, planes are tremendously more vulnerable to strike damage than any ground based "vehicle."

The comparison with birds is ridicules. Birds don't carry lead ballast and nose weight. Lead, you know, the stuff bullets are made out of. Birds are also not under human control and don't understand planes. Foam planes are suppose to be in control of a thinking human. Obviously some are not.

"Over-reaction." Ok Martin. Let somebody put your life in danger and see how you over-react.

Randy