Guys,

The real issue here seems to be flying any model near or around full scale
aircraft, not just foamies.  I am no real proponent to flying foam (except for
maybe some of L.E.G. stuff) but it almost sounds like if the guy had been
flying an expensive molded plane then it would have been more exceptable.  I am
pretty sure I would not want to hit any model while in a full scale, but would
sure rather take my chances surving a hit from a foam wing than fully ballasted
molded slope rocket.  BTW, do you even try to convince me that a moldie pilot
would not have been doing what the foamie pilot was doing cause I have seen to
many wildly piloted moldies planes flown.  Bottom line is regardless of what
you are flying you always need to be aware of your surrounding and who you are
sharing the airspace with.  FULL SCALE ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT AWAY even if they
are in an area they maybe are not supposed to be (like making low passes over
the Visalia Fall Fest.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS