We(sailplanes) once shared a large field where one side was power and the other sailplanes. The power guys were assigned to even numbered frequencies and sailplanes to odd numbered frequencies. It worked rather well. Our frequency board only had odd pins and you get the jest.

W have since left that location for another better suited field. They were glad to see us go. ironically they have since lost that field.

I’m hoping some of you guys will have some experience in the situation
we are experiencing right now here in New Zealand. I guess we are a good
twenty years behind the US of A in the problem associated with urban
sprawl and development.

Our Silent flight dedicated club is facing the prospect of sharing a
flying site with a displaced power club. We fly on a regional park with
bird reserves near by as well as residents. Personally I think the IC
flying will lead to complaints and lead to us all getting kicked off.

DO you Guys have any experience of frequency sharing with other clubs
flying 500 yards away, does it work, what are the pros and cons you have
experienced. We are the smaller club trying to asses our options.

Please reply directly to me , not the group, I don’t want this to become
a thread on the RCSE.

Many thanks for your time
Aneil Patel
Auckland