Title: RE: [RCSE] What happened to bondo?

Try West Systems fillers. These are powders you mix into epoxy, like microballons. They have a big range of fillers, from super-tough structural fillers with lots of fiber in them to a fairing filler which is nice and light while still being very tough.

You can get them at Marine-supply stores, and read about them at westsystem.com

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:25 PM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: [RCSE] What happened to bondo?

I'm doing a wing fairing on a scale ship, and I just did a small batch of
short fiber Bondo - wow, does that stink.

I hadn't used this since my old Torino (back in the 70-80s), and it used to
be pink and fairly tame; at least that's what I remember.  Now it's green,
and my shop (the whole house) reeks.  I think I passed out at some point,
and I only mixed an apple sauce package worth.

I think I'm committed now, but is there a better way?  Epoxy and carbosil?
I got the bondo tip from a pretty good scale ship guy, but he must have a
better ventilation system than I do.

I think I'm off to watch The Wall and listen to the Wizard of Oz...

B.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format