Interesting note about what others thought about the loss of the Nats issue.
When Tom and I were in Muncie for the Nats planning meeting there was kind
of a final call about the 2005 Nats for comments, no had said a word about
the mag.  Well, I brought it up, the fact that as a kid I could not wait to
see that issue and how it led me to this hobby.  Well, the room began to
applaud.  I just shut up and this subject went on for about another hour.
Really did not mean to start up an issue, but I think that many held our
opinion and that I would guess that 2006 is different.  Just for the record,
from what I know, it was the Model Aviation staff that generated this idea,
not AMA staff.

Second subject, AMA ED Don Koranda seemed to be a nice enough guy, and is a
very goal orientated and business based guy.  And I think that was his
demise, too much business for a "club".  Good or bad, even though AMA is a
large orgaization, it is run like a club and I am not sure that that is for
the better.  But who knows???

Marc