I remember hearing somewhere that AMA has had some members stopping in wanting to fly at the AMA site but were disappointed that they were denied because there was an official event on the site. Don't remember where I heard this. I have certainly never heard of any problems with local fliers complaining about not being able to fly at the AMA site.

I can understand why many sailplane fliers don't want anything to do with contest the way most of them are conducted today. We seem to have two types of sailplane fliers. Those who only want to fly MOM and those who want nothing to do with contests. How about a contest somewhere in between MOM and fun flying. Used to be a lot of them but not any more. :-(

Chuck Anderson