That would be a Windsong or Camano, depending on the span.  gv

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 9:52 PM
To: Soaring@airage.com
Subject: [RCSE] Re: ID this used sailplane for me?

Friend got this at an estate sale for like 10 bucks, he stripped the servos
out of her and is giving me the plane.  Have not seen it in person yet, just

these same pix/

I would like to know what it is, exactly. Pix at

 www.brainmist.com/mark

for the next couple days.

 The tail reminds me of an Aquila I used to have, briefly,  a long time ago,

or maybe it's an older Dodgeson product, because of the really complicated
linkages for the flaps and ailerons (in one of the pics) .  In some pics the
fuse
looks like glass, but with an odd squared-off shape to the boom aft the
wing.
Might be glassed wood, I dunno. Not the trapezoidal hatch opening in the
center section for some kind of wing attach access Ii suppose.

Appreciate any tips about it at all. All I know is it's an 11-foot wing,
supposedly.  And it looks like it would have been a high-end competition
ship a
decade or so back.  I dunno if there is a canopy for it, but I can make one
if
it's missing. I've never flown anything bigger than 2 meters before, mostly
R/E, though I have a little aileron practice in with my foamie, I and don't
have/never done a winch.  Not in a club at present either. Would this baby
be
hi-startable?

Those linkages look like a lot of weight and possible friction/slop...  will

have to check out the action. Maybe I could modernize it and go with
direct-driven under-wing mounted servos? Or would that likely weaken what
I'm guessing
is a sheeted white styro wing core, with unknown spars?

Thanks, Mark
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format