Since the last update the end of April, each file has been edited, some extensively.

Friend Jay Decker has once again generously taken time to update the web pages found at http://genie.rchomepage.com/.

Major changes and additions were made while building big GENIE #28, a 2ND GENIE PRO and a 9th LT/S, all with the available composite fuselages that save much time.

At nominal costs (see File 5) these unique, rugged and very high performance, scratch-buildable sailplanes fill the widening void between the expensive, RTF full house, molded airframes and kits that just can't match their performance.

While do-it-yourself projects, much is available to help including fine CNC cut wing cores and the composite fuselages. See the WHAT'S AVAILABLE file. With these major things ready to use, it becomes realistic even for modelers with limited experience to build one of these outstanding airframes.

File 1 at its end now details how to install a rugged, removable single tooth skid in composite fuselages. File 2 now details how to do "knuckle hinging" of built-up rudders to a glassed-over solid balsa fin.

File 3, the bagged wing file, covers pre-bagging and post-bagging steps. It has been extensively revised to help navigate the bagging procedure. File 4 has an updated Materials List and tells where to get things.

File 6, the RDS file, goes into the most recently discovered ways to easily make and install the parts for this all-internal system of moving flaps and ailerons. It also details how the adapter for the Volz servos can be easily modified to use with the Hitec 125 and the JR 168 thin wing servos. In this file and in File 3, a dedicated servo mounting system is detailed to simplify attach and detach, since existing commercial servo mounts have such limited use in the RDS.

File 7 is now THE COMPOSITE FUSELAGES file. It contains extensive text and pics detailing how to deal with these. In the LT/S section, details are given on how to install the bell crank hardware in the composite fin and "knuckle hinge" a built-up rudder to it.

All-in-all, the web pages are in the best shape ever and provide a no cost, liberal education about making your own fine airframes with strong, beautiful, vacuum-bagged

wings. They'll handle hardest full pedal launches and the deep dip and zoom with ease.

The season to build things for next year is on us. I'm going to do my 29th big GENIE and another LT/S with composite fuses. I may even find time to build a brand new one for someone else. I'm about out of storage space though, and will likely have to sell off a couple of existing ones to make space for the new ones.

Why not join me in a worthy winter project? For those who will, I'll always take time to answer your e-mailed questions that may not be covered in the web pages.

Harley, LSF 023.