Well..........  I guess most of us know that AMA has it's game plan and a
few yelps from our minority group is not going to change it.

I think it is time in RC Soaring's history for all of us to look inward
towards our club's activities and ask what is the club's game plan?  Is the
club keeping up with the changes in the hobby?

How easy it is to demand from others that which we will not do for
ourselves.

Here are some of the questions we should be asking:

Who is the club favoring, the minority contest flyers or the majority fun
flyers ?

What club programs are attracting new people ?

Is the club's membership growing?

Is the club all about a monthly club contest ?

Is the monthly club contest hard core and not attracting the majority of the
members ?

What is special about our club that gives new people a reason to join ?

And many more questions.

My view of rc soaring's future is the internet and electric powered planes
are offering strong reasons to not belong to a soaring club.  Only the
club's with diversified activities will survive the next ten years.

Ray Hayes
http://www.skybench.com
Home of Wood Crafters