I have been put to the task of promoting the ESL for the coming season.
I need to put together a PR packet, and contact newspapers in advance of contests and put us on the map with the magazines too.

I have ideas and I am sure many of you do to. I want some guidance from people who have actually done the PR job. Please don't respond if you haven't done this job, I am looking for first hand knowledge. I need to know what worked, what didn't. How to make contacts with the Newspapers, what belongs in the PR packet. We are looking to attract new membership, either kids, or adults, never flown, or have flown other disciplines.

Please guys only respond if you have had experience doing PR work. Please reply offline directly to me.
And thanks in advance.

--
Jeff Steifel