Quick answer: Do it all online!
In a general sense electric flight is a "techie" activity and MOST of
your consumers will be online. Hobby shops rarely carry "the good
stuff" and usually fall short in terms on information. I would spend
money on good web site dev., good product photos (I am a photographer,
hehe), and ad banners on the groups. Beyond that
I would assemble press kits with samples and get those off to all known
mags/reviewers. Print ads are tricky: They are expensive, short lived,
and have no "follow through" options allowing the consumer to research.
On the other hand a mag travels well and is easily viewed, cannot be
"click passed". Another option would be to create a simple direct mail
(postcard) campaign directed at hobby store buyers.
OK, that'll be $.2 good luck!

--
RCDC