On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Cliff Lindgren wrote:
>  Yes, I believe there was some
> chatter regarding banning foam gliders from flying simultaneously with the
> expensive glass gliders.  Most folks will exercise respect and courtesy when
> the two are in the same airspace by landing.

Hey now,
        It sure is nice when they do, too bad we can't get it to "all".

>  Others with no regard or
> through pure ignorance usually will not have a clue and continue flying on.
> I have heard that some have found that a sharp little tap on the head with a
> tire iron usually has the desired effect on these individuals.

Yes, a little gentle persuasion often helps.

>  But..there
> is always the thick skulled where nothing seemingly works.  They are
> hopelessly beyond reasoning with and are just to dunce.  There are other
> methods I have heard used on these individuals with limited success, that I
> won't elaborate on, via this forum.

Uh huh, My favorite big lift model is a custom "U-2" built by Leegun
James. It was the first carbon bagged wing he built. As lead sleds go it's
a floater, but it was built to lawn dart and goes through foamies like a
hot knife through butter:-0
The foamie flyers who don't get the idea of sharing the air often learn
after they get speared. At my home slope in Pacifica so far it's U-2 6,
foamies 0. Folks there have plenty of respect for glass slipers now...
                        RobII

[EMAIL PROTECTED]               Erica Frank & Rob Carter II
"Roast dragon, fried dragon, dragon steak, dragon cassarole, baked
dragon-in-onions, dragon omelette, dragon stew, dragon-on-a-stick--
next time I kill a rabbit, period."             --St. George