On Monday 14 November 2005 12.37, Jim wrote:
> 1) I want to run this plane on 10 cells so as to keep the weight
> down.  Am I better off running the F12LMR or the F7LMR with 10
> cells?  What are the pros and cons?

The biggest boost is using Li-Ion power instead, as
they weigh much less - get a high-amp-proof Li-Ion pack,
a Li-Ion-approved controller (Hackers with BEC are nice) and
the smaller motor :-)!

Unless it is too light, then by all means the bigger motor -
generally, bigger motor = slightly higher efficiency! But higher weight,
lower climb, so it isn't sure you win with a bigger motor!

Tord

PS Aveox with Hacker, rocks :-)!