The one thing that would concern me with a BEC on a higher cell count set up
is the remaining charge in your cells when the cutoff occurs.

The BEC cuts off at a certain voltage; divide that by the number of cells to
get what each cell is still holding - as you add cells, that gets smaller.
I'm doing Sesame Street math here, but the gist is you're cutting the margin
closer as you add cells.

A ship of any size shouldn't complain about a small Nimh receiver pack;
I've seen too many hour long flights end in a terminal dive because someone
didn't have enough charge in a 2000mah pack to drive an elevator servo...

Lift,
Brent