Snip -  because the CNC Aluminum frames were too expensive and difficult to keep glued down..

Keeping the plastic frames in place can also be a problem.  It's helpful to lay small pieces of fiberglass over the corners of the mounts when you epoxy them in place.  The fiberglass pieces also help to reinforce the joint between the vertical parts of the plastic mount and the base.  I've broken a couple of the plastic mounts and adding the fiberglass seems to prevent this.

I really preferred the metal mounts.  Adding the fiberglass on the corners of the metal mounts eliminated any problems with them coming loose.

.and the screw holes eventually got worn by the steel screws.

This makes me wonder how many times you remove and reinstall the servos.

That fella makes the Blue Plastic Volz mounts and plastic brand x mounts Craig supplies, good stuff from a couple of great guys!

Still, as Gordy says, and this kills me to agree 8-), both these guys do provide pretty good products.

Jim Porter
Johnston Iowa USA

"The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall."
     Orville Wright