I am pleased to announce that the US F3J Team will be holding an open practice with all those interested in F3J – experienced or not - invited to attend.

The event will be held February 9, 2006, the Thursday prior to the SWC at the SWC flying location.  See the CASL site for details on the SWC and the flying location.

http://www.public.asu.edu/~vansanfo/casl/swc.html

TASKS and LANDINGS:

F3J Team Selection Rules, except we will have winch launching options

SITE:

Phoenix Southwest Classic Phoenix, AZ
on the competition field

AMA:

2006 AMA cards will be required at registration.

ENTRY FEE:

$10 (donation to US F3J team)

AWARDS:

Bragging rights and certificates - this is a low budget operation!

C.D. and Organizer:

Jim Monaco (JimMonaco.net)

All participants are welcome, experienced or not. The purpose of this event is to provide competition like experience for the US team in preparation for the World Championships in July 2006.

It is also intended as a demonstration event to interest those that have never participated in an F3J event and also as a team fund raiser.
The entry fee will be a donation to the team to be collected at the event.

Those wishing to participate as a real hand-tow F3J team must arrange for their own towers for the event. We will be allowing 4 person teams so each team is capable of towing for themselves. If you desire to arrange your own team, you may do so and please indicate your team members on your entry form. If you wish to use hand-tow and are capable of assisting by towing and do not have a team of your own choosing, then the organizer will group like-minded individuals together. If you have hand-tow equipment you should bring it - if not, we will TRY to arrange for at least one member of the team to have equipment.

Those not capable or desiring to hand tow will be grouped randomly together in teams of 4 by the organizer and these groups will be assigned a normal US club winch to use for the competition. These winches will have braided nylon line. One team member should be downline to retrieve the line in the event of a pop-off or relaunch. Whining about the power of the winches or the stretch of the line or low launches will result in immediate laughter by the CD.

You must sign up in advance to allow the creation of the flight matrixes.  You can sign up at http://www.rmsadenver.com.  No payment is necessary at this time – payments will be collected at the event.

This is your opportunity to participate in an F3J-like event and see how fun the F3J rules can be… J

Jim Monaco

Official US F3J Team Manager 2006