Hi Norm,

I think either the Hitec Laser 4 or the Flash 5 make great starter radios.

The laser 4 is a standard, non-computer radio and runs about $60 for the tranny. The Flash 5 is a nice computer radio, but runs about $110 for the tranny.

Haven't seen you in about 25 years. My wife and I (Bob & Dianne) used to fly at Topanga Park about 1980. You and your Dad were there along with Dick Odle, Joe Wurts, and others whose names escape me at the moment. Your Dad helped me out with my first glider - a Square Soar. You were just a youngster then and probably don't remember many names of us old folk.

That was a fun group to sport fly with. I later joined TOSS when we moved to Moorpark. Retired and moved to No. Calif. and now fly EP gliders for fun.

Bob G.