>One BIG advantage to the Thermic is that it is not going just sit around all year.  You can fly thermal and F3J and be >competitive.  Spot landing an SBXC is really tough.

i think you hit it on the head Tom.

i looked this plane over again, this thing is built like a brick!
it has carbon sub spars, and even the aileron LD is carbon.
finish on it is right up there with anything else, and better then most.

the fuse is really stiff, even built in for db9.
even comes with ply servo frames cut out to fit your servo.

these are the the same guys that build the Trinity, and thats one of the
stiffest planes i've ever seen, beside a DS double carbon Exxtreme.

dh

i know next year is a cross country year at the Nats. and thought
this might interest somebody.

i just got in a 4m Thermic XL , can be seen here.

I can't believe the quality of this molded plane that you get for $850. bucks!
If you told me it was $1500. it still would be a good price.

It's built really strong, has a great finish.
I have heard from other owners that they do hang really well also.
I even seen they have a ThermicXXXL 5m,  http://www.valentamodel.cz/

Just thought i would pass this on.