Hi Sheldon!

On Dec 30, 2005, at 8:20 PM, Sheldon-YNT uDesign wrote:

Lastly, I just gotta ask the question...How many pilots out there can
really, I mean REALLY, tell the difference??? Does it make THAT much
difference if your servo moves .0x seconds faster? Can you REALLY feel or
see it?

Yes. I have a Pike Superior that never felt quite "right" to me. It felt sluggish and I felt I was "behind" the plane. After Visalia, I switched the stab servo (which was a JR DS368) for a Volz Micro Maxx. Problem solved. The plane now feels distinctly more lively.

Do you REALLY think THAT is going to make you the next WC or get you
down on time and on the spot???

No, but the plane handles much better than before and is more enjoyable to fly.

The proper approach to get more powerful or
faster servos, IMHO...Buy more powerful or faster servos to begin with!!!

Exactly.

It never ceases to amaze me that some people will put over $1500 into an aircraft (power, glider, heli) and then try to save a few dollars on the
servos!

Amen to that! Same goes for batteries. For these high end planes, it makes sense to install the very finest gear available.

That's my $.02 ~ Happy New Year to all!

Happy New Year!