God almighty Don, you are getting just like Gordy. Oh that's right you are friends. You been taking lessons, huh. Wish I could travel like you guys do. Oh and I know part of your lessons is not from Gordy!!!!!
  Jerry Miller
  Stuck here in OR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The Tidewater Model Soaring Society (TMSS) held the annual Hardy Souls Contest New Year's Day. About 20 fliers attended this annual event which this year did not require much hardiness. The weather cooperated with the temperature in the 50's, gentle breezes and no rain. Thermals were abundant, but not always easy stay in contact with. Of course Luther, Josh and several others had no problem in making the 8 minute time required for each round of unlimited flying. Percy Pierce was the CD and decided that there would not be any landing requirement due to field conditions. The round tasks were set at 8 minutes for unlimited and 7 minutes for 2 meter. Although the final scores have not been determined, I am sure there are several ties. This was my second year of participating in this event and it was great to see many old acquaintances and put some faces to Internet correspondents. Nice to see Herk Stokely again after meeting him years ago at the NATS. Always good to see Josh Glaab, Bill Conkling, John Moody, Bob Stewart, Reid Roberts, Ed Amaudin, Abram Van Dover (catered the lunch),Tom Broeski and many others that I simply cannot recall. Missing in action was Doug Barry. I was looking forward to seeing his Supra in action. Great soaring, great fun and great camaraderie. I look forward to more contests this coming year (as my travel permits). Don Richmond
San Diego, CA (Virginia Beach, VA for the holidays)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.hilaunch.com