Wow, that's not the story I heard.  It's an interesting spin on the
situation, but I don't think that's how it really went.

>From one of the RCGroups threads a few months ago, I seem to remember
that it went like this - the place that made the receivers (somewhere in
Eastern Europe?) heard about the sale, and sabotaged the final batch(es)
of them.  That place would no longer be the manufacturer, as Castle
Creations was going to use a different one.

Does anyone know what really happened with respect to the Berg -->
Castle Creations story?
 - Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Samuels [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:19
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: [RCSE] Berg receivers

I installed a Berg 5 ch receiver in my DLG.  It worked ok when I was
alone
at the field.  This Sunday I was flying near other flyers.  When my
plane
got to within 20-30 feet from another transmitter it stopped responding
and
crashed.  I duplicated the conditions and verified the response (ie: no
response).

I called Castle Creations this morning and was advised that these
receivers
were defective.  The tech told me that Berg "did a disservice" to Castle
by
cranking out a whole bunch of below standard receivers just before
selling
itself to Castle.  They will replace them with a new (hopefully working)

receiver.

Robert Samuels ............ St. Louis