On Jan 4, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Mark Drela wrote:

To measure the CG:

I turn the assembled glider over on its back,

and find the level-balance point by supporting it

on a wood-pencil eraser which is slightly rounded.

I might add some tape to a wingtip if necessary

to get perfect lateral balance, so the eraser point

can stay exactly on the centerline.

oops, on more careful reading  I note the A wood-pencil eraser.  I use the standard two side-by-side.

Now, the question arises, why just the single point on fuse centerline?  I  presume it's more accurate, though I try to mostly fly right side up <grin>

thanks

Barry A