Oh yeah, all the rules. Address must me in caps, and contents must be listed on the way bill. Once the package crosses the border, tracking no longer works day by day, but it's then only matter of a day or two. The tracking# will let you know that the package has been delivered.

Sorry I'm getting steamed about this, but it's infuriating to attempt to spend money at a retailer in the US only to be told they don't ship to Canada "because it's too problematic". It's pure laziness. Refusal to address the label in caps, and a lack of willingness to spend an extra 2 minutes at the post office to fill out a way bill. Other than that, it's exactly the same. If you state the weight, dimensions, and contents accurately, there should never be any issues. When I see people publicly posting about how "problematic" it is to ship to Canada, it means to me that there are now 1 or 2 more people on this list that will take that to heart and be unwilling to ship north in the future.

I've been buying hobby stuff from retailers and private people the US for over 5 years and have never had a shipment go awry, not once.

      Dan

Ed Berris wrote:

Dan Mailing to Canada is not as easy as you suggest because the Canadian
customs or mail service seems to have a strong desire to screw with US
posted mail.  Some vendors in our hobby simply won't or don't want to ship
to Canada because of this.  Delays are not uncommon.  Tracing a package is
nearly impossible once it leaves the US.  Packages are returned for minute
infractions on Canadian rules.

When I ship to Canada I inform my customers that once it leaves my hands I
assume no responsibility for the safe arrival of the package.  If that is
not acceptable to a customer (and I can understand why it might not be) I
just won't take the chance.  I'd rather not have the business or an unhappy
customer.
Ed

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Kitching" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>