The Image was using a 4-cell KAN1050 pack and discharged another 500mAh.

Don't as me how I remember this stuff when I can hardly find my keys in the morning. ;-) I'm a battery geek, what can I say? I got tired of always having to hook up my laptop to the ISL6-636, so have added an ISL6-936 to my charging setup, so my battery care is better than ever!

--Jim

On Jan 16, 2006, at 12:42 PM, TDL wrote:

It alsmost sounds like a drained battery the way you described the Berg and Samba Rxs' failures. What kind of batteries you using for the RX? I had some Bergs and thought one may have been bad, it turned out to be one cell in the pack that didn't hold voltage. NiMh seemed more prone to problems for me. When range checking I usually move the sticks all over and pay attention to just the rudder. I also test with a watt meter to see current pulls and
voltage drops....

I'd say most of the Rx problems are traceable to the Batt.

My .02 cents. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Laurel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 11:48 AM
To: Jim Laurel
Cc: Bill Swingle; RCSE
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Receiver perfrormance

Oops!  Guess I better have that second cuppa joe this morning!

The Maple Leave Image 2m was on a JR R700, not a 770.

Sorry for the confusion.

--Jim

On Jan 16, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Jim Laurel wrote:

--2m Image on a JR R770: Had been flown a whole season with no
problems.  One day on final, just as a hotted-up Zagi whizzed by it
at high speed (between me and the Image), the R700 spazzed out, and
plane pitched straight into the ground.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format