I don't think it was deliberate. It was just a model that had engine failure. I
kind of resent the use of the word 'toy' to describe it, though.

I've heard of this happening before but not with anything like this small -- I
can understand someone mistaking a large scale model landing where planes don't
usually land for a full-size in trouble. But then I believe people occasionally
mistake full sized sailplane outlandings for crashes (in one case reported a
few years back the owner got back to the plane after phoning for the trailer
just in time to prevent the FD from covering it in foam to prevent the JP-4
from catching fire ("No, its not got an engine!")).

Martin Usher