To: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 7:22 AM
Subject: [RCSE] Molded Supra Raw Weights

This message is directed to a small group of new molded supra owners, and
probably not of interest to other.

I have an excel spread sheet I would be happy to send to any other Molded
Supra owner who has not yet started assembly of their newly arrived "baby". I only ask that you weight all the raw kit parts and add your weights to the
sheet and return the sheet to me.

I am not a weight weenie, but I started this exercise to try and determine a
couple of things. First thing I was curious about was the exact weight
difference between the carbon wing lay-up and the standard wing lay-up.
Barry talked around it and didn't give a precise answer. The next thing, I
am trying to understand why some people are talking about having to add on
the order of 4 oz of nose weight to balance. Was this due to variations in
fin, stab, boom, or pod weights, or is this inherent to the molded design?

What have I found out so far with raw weights from 2 planes (#34 and #48),
left and right wing tips and joiners are VERY equal in weight - good.
Besides the type of wing lay-up, the most variation in weight has shown up
in the tail boom. One boom weighed 63g and the other 73g, on the order of a
15% variation and who wants extra weight aft of the cg.

don