I just bought the new Eagle unit. My reasoning is that it is a learning tool. I fly alone because there are not many thermal guys in Northern Ohio (we lost our field). I liked the GPS for finding lost airplanes. It can give me some downloadable data inputs. (by the way the earplug should go in the timer's ear)

I am not seeing the river of air easily. IF this unit can help me progress in learning to read air than it is an advantage for my growth. Also, with aging eyes when a plane specs out i thought there could be some advantage. linked to my notebook computer . The other elements of telemetry seemed interesting for my power ships.

The spirit of fair and level fields and all those threads suggest we have way too much free time. Go build something.

A good pilot is a good pilot. Even if he was flying a gentle lady he would beat my Genie Pro. The equipment does little in my observations. Among a group of  flyers at the same level of competency what causes differences? I would not see it to be a sniffer. If we were real pursists we would fly only wood ships or go to one class showroom stock, like SCCA.

just a take--.

Dr Bill Snow
Cleveland Ohio