Like many here, I'm finding it hard to get depleted Uranium to
use as ballast in my gliders.

In addition, for LSF level 5 8 hour slope event, I though it
would be clever to use plutionium buttons and a thermal couple
for a power source in the model and transmitter, just like the
onse used in sattelites, but the local milatry surplus store
doesn't seem to carry this stuff.

I did find out that you get watches and other stuff that use
tritium and phosphor to light up displays (life time is about
2 years on the tritium), but the real issue here is that I
need a really big laser to start off the fusion reaction I
wanted to try as an alternative to Li-Poly batteries, and it
just weighs too much for the glider.