I dont like it but I have to agree totally with Daryl.. ;-)
Though last WC in Canada some wondered why I had binoculars with me on the field... And many years ago I think they used bubble machines in WC F3B controlled by a Tx. Even smoke and rockets have been. I hope we never come to that again. I like to win by spotting the signs nature gives. No I have never used any electronic equipment or any feedback from the plane but I did borrow a picolario a few months. It was nice to test different Rx batteries in the cold. Incredible how much power 6 digital servos use in the zoom. "warning, warning..."

Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
NEW: www.jojoen.no

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daryl Perkins"
Subject: Re: [RCSE] assisted soaring,etc

You guys don't get the zen side of it. The telemetry
is neat stuff, and fun to use I'm sure on non-contest
days. But it has no place in a contest.

Use them to learn about your model. Use them to learn
about your skill level. Use them to learn about lift.
But leave them at home on contest days.

If a soaring contest is no longer about recognizing
workable lift... what exactly are we contesting?

I have my own views, and I'm not always right...
well.. yes I am actually.... but I have to say that
the use of these things in a contest setting offends
me on every level.

Sandbagging is legal too... doesn't make it right.

2 cents,