Good points all around.  I think people take different things away from a
contest.  Some just go for the camaraderie, some go to win, some go to see
how they are doing against their peers.  I personally don't think that using
a Picalario puts you ahead of the rest of the pack.  You still have to make
the right flight decision, you still have to work the lift, and most
importantly, you still have to land.

However, if you had a GPS/heading lock unit that put the plane on the 100
every time...it would bother me because the real reason I go to contests is
to watch grown men cry when they flip their plane on a downwind landing :-)

JE
--
Erickson Architects
John R. Erickson, AIA