Easy, here's what's up.  Check on the AMA, LSF pdf that outlines the Nationals and the frequency use for that day.  Since F3B is flown at the same time, frequencies were divided between F3B, Scale Aero-tow and winch launched XC. Frequencies had to be allocated to get all these events running at the same time.

My memory of last year's JR Aerotow and the smaller Woodcrafters aerotow indicates that two tugs working at the same time did just fine; particularly with Johnny's tows!  Perhaps you've run more than two tugs at the KC aero tow, I've not been there. I'll check to see if it's possible to have more than one entrant on the two tug frequencies, I believe it is.

I hope you're able to make the NATS and bring that beautiful Zefir4, one of the finest scratch-built scale projects I've seen (via the KC website; www.kcse.us)

In any event, frequency allocations are in place for this year. They weren't randomly cooked up by "guys in the Ohio Valley", but are the result of considered decision making by the LSF contest board.  If you have suggestions for improvement in the future, let LSF board members know for the '07 NATS.

I hope this helps to ease your concerns.

Barry Andersen
Registrar 06 NATS