Yes it does. I feel I can mostly fly and call for myself BUT in a flight group of +6-7 pilots I cant keep track of them all. That is the time I really need a timer. And I am also reduced in hearing on my right ear (also because I focus so much that I forget to listen...) so the timer needs to shout ;-) One thing is for sure: I went to the Nats knowing that Picolarios was allowed. And I still wanted to compete since the format appealed to me. If I thought the Picolarios were so bad I would have worked for a rule change. But I dont! Though I still feel free to say a few words on the list ;-)

But guys (and girls)!!! It is about time we get a few flight reports also. I need to know more about that Supra!!!!

Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
NEW: www.jojoen.no
----- Original Message ----- Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] assisted soaring,timer,etc

I have noticed that the timer makes a big difference. Put a good pilot with a novice timer (who likes to help) and it can make a negative difference. Ever had to argue with a timer who tries to tell you "how to fly" instead of reading the conditions? Ever do what the timer said and find it was the wrong decision? Ever have a great pilot as a timer and see your flying improve? I would think that would make a bigger difference than an electronic sensor. I would think having the great pilots time for you is more of an advantage than a marginal pilot using a sensor.