After all this today, I want to thank Jim Deck and his student Richard, Jim
taught him the realities of RC soaring, and really any activity that takes
practice, patience, and some effort.  I think all of us are very cognizant of
helping students and folks who walk out on our flying fields to watch what is
going on.  It happened for me in 1975, and, all of us that are here remember
the moment.

I find it kind of interesting that some quantify building with balsa and spruce
as the only real way to get folks to not be scared of the hobby/sport.  Well, I
do not believe that, and I think that many are drawn by the many detailed
aspects of RC Soaring from the interaction with nature to the wide variety of
materials we use to make the ships out of.  In addition, I think that is
crappolla that guys feel that you should not be flying what you enjoy to fly in
the somewhat nieve thought that moldie's, ARF's, and bought ships will run off
new interest in soaring.  Anyone that has been in this dance long enough has
built, designed or both a ship and built many kits, so what does only flying
those choices elevate you to some higher than high status.  I will give anyone
credit for doing the work, but on my schedule now, and many others too, I just
do not have the time to build what I use to.

We all want to have new blood, and thanks to guys like Jim Deck and the late
Mike Remus, and many others not named here, more folks will continue to enter
the sport.

Marc